We had a short, but busy and fun week in Pre-K. We read the story “The Grouchy Ladybug” by Eric Carle and used the story as an opportunity to talk about our emotions and the strategies we can use when we are feeling sad, angry, frustrated etc. like the ladybug felt in the story. We reviewed what big problems and small problems are and how we can solve them. We also made our own ladybugs to go with this story by painting, drawing and gluing. Check them out in the hallway- they are super cute!
While we were on the topic of emotions, we read “The Very Lonely Firefly” on Thursday which is also by Eric Carle. We discussed how we can be kind friends if we see someone that might be lonely. Stories that talk about our emotions are so important for us to learn about how we all have these feelings and it’s okay to have these feelings. We also need to learn about what we can do when we have these feelings.
It is hard to believe that we only have a few weeks left of Pre-K! We have some fun activities planned to end our year. Please make sure to take note of the important days below. Next week, please make sure your Parent Teacher Interview is scheduled and to get back to me the walking field trip form that will be sent home on Monday/Tuesday next week. This form will be for when we go to the library.
Upcoming Important Dates:
- Monday, June 4th and Tuesday, June 5th- Parent teacher interviews
- Tuesday, June 5th- Veggie Fundraiser orders due. They will be ready for pickup on Wednesday, June 13th from the school.
- Tuesday, June 5th- T/TH library tour
- Monday, June 11th and Tuesday, June 12th- Students going to Kindergarten in the fall will visit Mrs. Henry’s Kindergarten classroom.
- Wednesday, June 13th- M/W library tour
- Thursday, June 14th- Last day of Pre-K for T/TH Class
- Friday, June 15th- Last day of Pre-K for M/W Class
Have a great weekend!