To go with our camping center this month we read a fun story called “Maisy Goes Camping” and we also made our own campfire with tissue paper as a craft. We have also been singing a fun song called “A Camping We Will Go”. Songs and stories that have repetition in them are great for early literacy.
We also got outside for a fun letter scavenger hunt. Everyone got a piece of paper with the letters of the alphabet on it and a crayon. There were magnetic letters hidden all over the playground. When students found a letter on the playground they had to match it to the correct letter on their sheet and mark it off with their crayon. This was such a fun way to work on our letter recognition!
Please email me if you have not scheduled your Parent Teacher Interview. Also, please make sure to have your field trip permission form handed in by Monday/Tuesday. I will have extra copies in the classroom if yours was lost/forgotten.
Upcoming Important Dates:
- Monday, June 4th and Tuesday, June 5th- Parent teacher interviews
- Tuesday, June 5th- Veggie Fundraiser orders due. They will be ready for pickup on Wednesday, June 13th from the school.
- Tuesday, June 5th- T/TH library tour
- Monday, June 11th and Tuesday, June 12th- Students going to Kindergarten in the fall will visit Mrs. Henry’s Kindergarten classroom.
- Wednesday, June 13th- M/W library tour
- Thursday, June 14th- Last day of Pre-K for T/TH Class
- Friday, June 15th- Last day of Pre-K for M/W Class