For the first few weeks in November, we will be reading Nick Bland’s bear stories. We started out this week with “The Very Sleepy Bear” and “The Very Cranky Bear”. These stories are great for discussing how we feel and what we should do when we feel this way. “The Very Sleepy Bear” also allowed us to discuss how our weather is getting colder and we are seeing that all of the leaves have now fallen to the ground and there are different colours in nature.
We made a craft to go with “The Very Sleepy Bear”. We used paper plates and different coloured paper (brown, yellow, red, orange and black to represent fall colours) to make our cave that our bear is sleeping in and then coloured and glued on our bear. We discussed that the bear sleeps (hibernates) for the winter.
We also have been singing the song “We’re Going on a Bear Hunt”. This song is a great repetitive song with actions. Ask your child to sing along and do the actions for you! This song also allows us to learn about positional concepts such as over, under and through.
Ask your child about the new vet clinic in our classroom! Our dramatic play center provides such great language and communication opportunities. Here are a few pictures of play opportunities this week:
- No School Monday, November 12th and Tuesday, November 13th.
- Picture Day is Thursday, November 15th. Parents of M/W students may bring their child in to get their individual picture taken.
- Scholastic book orders are due Thursday, November 15th. You can order here: Scholastic
- Our next Family Oriented Programming session is on Friday, November 16th from 9:30 am-11:30 am. Emotion Coaching is being presented at Bentley FCSS (Downstairs of Town Office). You can sign up here: FOP
- Pre-K Parent Teacher Interviews will be scheduled in early December, more details to follow.
- Pre-K Christmas activities information coming next week.
Have a great long weekend!