The last two weeks we have been reading and learning about “The Very Hungry Caterpillar”. This is a great book with repetitive text that includes so many learning opportunities such as colours, numeracy, days of the week, healthy snacks, etc. Thank you to the families that were able to bring in egg cartons for us so that we could create our very own caterpillars. Following up to this book, we also learned about butterflies and read the story “Waiting for Wings”. We made coffee filter butterflies that are being displayed in our hallway. Make sure to ask your child how a caterpillar turns into a butterfly!
We will be continuing our learning about caterpillars and butterflies through real, live caterpillars that are now in our classroom. They came in on Thursday this week so they will be a surprise for the M/W class next week! We are going to watch them grow over the next month and a half and turn into beautiful, butterflies.
- May 6th is the Bentley Open House for K and Pre-K, information on this link:
- Spring Pictures have come in and I will hand them out next week. Please bring back payment and/or portraits by May 13th.
- No School Monday, May 20th.
- Pre-K parent teacher interviews will be scheduled in late May/early June- stay tuned!
- Next week we will be going outside even if there is snow on the ground so please dress your child for the weather!
See you next week!