The last few weeks have been all about pumpkins in our classroom! We have had a real pumpkin in our classroom. Here are some questions you can ask your child about the pumpkin:
- What shape is the pumpkin?
- What size is the pumpkin?
- What colour is the pumpkin? (it was green and has turned orange)
- Where did the pumpkin come from? (Miss Starla’s pumpkin patch!)
We learned about shapes with the story “Spookley the Square Pumpkin”. The story is linked below. After listening to the story with your child you could ask them what shape and colour they would like their pumpkin if they could choose.
We are learning the poem “5 Little Pumpkins”. See if your child remembers some of the words and actions.
We also learned about facial features this week and emotions by making a jack o’ lantern that was sent home. We listened to the song linked below and made all of the different faces. We then used our fine motor skills to paint our pumpkin orange and then make it a jack o’ lantern by gluing on the facial features.
- Next week we will be going outside hopefully every day so please send your child with all of their snow gear!
- As a reminder, we will be having fun Halloween activities in the classroom on Wednesday and Thursday next week but Pre-K students do not wear costumes to school. I am also asking that you please do not send anything for your child to distribute.
See you next week!