Hello, everyone! We have had a fun few weeks in Pre-K so I wanted to fill you in on what we have been up to! For the last 2 weeks our theme in the classroom has been bears and animals and we have been engaging in songs, stories, crafts and activities all about animals!
Last week we read the story and learned the actions for the song, We’re Going on a Bear Hunt. This is always a favourite and it’s a great repetitive story to get everyone to read along with me. It also helps us learn the words over, under and through. We also made a bear craft where we painted with a fork and then had to glue on ears, a nose and googly eyes.
This week we read another repetitive story, Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? Everyone is able to read along with this story and we also have puppets in the classroom that we read this story with where everyone gets a turn holding up an animal from the story. We also completed our very own Brown Bear puppet with all of the animals from the story on it so that we can read it at home with our families!
Another fun animal activity we have had in our classroom is our Vet Clinic! We changed the kitchen area in the classroom into a vet clinic and everyone has been having so much fun role playing the vet, the receptionist, and pet owners. Our dramatic play area is always a great spot to develop our turn taking and language and communication skills.
I also wanted to share with your our new morning activity. We call it our “clothespin name activity” and we use clothespins to match the letters of our name. Clothespins are great tools to develop our hand strength which gets us ready for writing and this activity also helps us begin to identify letters.
- No School on Thursday, November 11th for Remembrance Day.
- Monday, Nov. 15th is “Rock Your Mocs” day at the school. If your child has moccasins, they are welcome to wear them. We will be completing a moccasin craft and reading a story to recognize the day.
- T/TH photos on Thursday, November 18th
- Pre-K Parent Teacher Interview information will be coming to your email by the end of next week.
- Scholastic Book orders for November/December were sent home. If you are interested in ordering, you can visit https://classroomessentials.scholastic.ca/ and make sure to include our class code: RC138717 so that we can earn new books and activities for our classroom!
See you next week!