Good morning, Pre-K! Today we are going to do more activities about nature and nature hunts but I first wanted to share a story We’re Going on a Bear Hunt because it is a lot like our story We’re Going on a Nature Hunt from Tuesday’s activities. I am also going to share with you the song (I bet you remember the actions to show your families!) and a Cosmic Kids Yoga video that is based on the story.
Let’s go on another nature hunt today! Try and find all of the items from this picture:
Here is the Nature Hunt if you would like to print off: Nature hunt
Nature Craft ideas: Here are some fun ideas to complete outside with little materials besides what your child can find in nature!
- Put masking tape (backwards) around your child’s wrist and let them pick out items from nature to decorate their bracelet.
- Use chalk to write your child’s name or first letter of their name and then have them find items from nature to trace over their letter/name.
- With chalk, draw a square shape (or have your child do this) and tell them to create a picture inside of the square using only items from nature. It is so valuable to let children explore and create with items with no specific instructions.
- There is no scheduled Pre-K on Monday, May 18th and Tuesday, May 19th so I will only be posting once next week, on Wednesday, May 20th.
- Google Meet’s will resume the week of May 25th, I will send out information next week about the activities.
Have a wonderful May long weekend! I hope everyone is able to enjoy family time! As many of you saw on the Google Meets last week, I have a new puppy, so I will be enjoying lots of time with her over the long weekend! I will share a picture below in case you didn’t get to see Sadie.