Hello, Pre-K! Today we are going to continue with our transportation theme and start by reading Pete the Cat Construction Destruction.
I also have a fun, repetitive song for you to sing!
Create a stoplight using construction paper, glue and crayons! First, draw or trace 3 circles onto construction paper (one red, one yellow or orange and one green). Then rip a bunch of red, yellow and green construction paper up into small pieces. Finally, glue the red papers into the red circle, the yellow papers into the yellow circle and the green papers into the green circle.
Craft: Name Rocket Ship
This is a fun craft to develop our printing and letter recognition skills! Cut out one square for every letter of your name (an adult could cut a strip of paper for you and draw lines for you to cut on) and one triangle. Write one letter of your name on each square. Glue your triangle to the top of your piece of paper and then your squares in order. Decorate any way you wish!
Movement: Red light, green light song and game
You can use this song to do different movements with green light and then stop with red light. You can dance, jog or hop with green light and then make sure to freeze when you hear read light!
Red light, green light can also be played as a game with your whole family! It is a great game to play outside in your backyard or in an open field.
- One person is chosen to be “It” (the traffic light) and he/she stands a good distance away from the other players with his back to them. The other players stand in a line facing the person who is “It”.
- When whoever is “It” calls ‘Green Light,’ the other players move towards him until he spins around, calling ‘Red Light.’ When they hear the red light command the other players must freeze on the spot. Everyone remains frozen until the next ‘Green Light’ is called.
- Play continues until someone reaches and tags whoever is “It”. The tagger becomes the new caller and the game begins again.
- I am still doing one on one Google Meet’s with students next week. If you have not done so already, you can still email me to sign up so that I can chat with your child and complete a Pre-K Questionnaire with them. I will send back the Pre-K questionnaire the last week of Pre-K!
- Wednesday, June 17th 10:00 am- M/W whole class Google Meet to view slideshow and say goodbye
- Thursday, June 18th 10:00 am- T/TH whole class Google Meet to view slideshow and say goodbye
Have a great weekend!